7 ways to motivate yourself to lose weight
7 ways to motivate yourself to lose weight.Starting and sticking to a healthy weight loss plan can sometimes seem impossible.
Often, people simply lack the motivation to get started or lose their motivation to keep going. Luckily, motivation is something you can work to increase. If there is any motive then people work on its achivement.
1.Determine Why You Want to Lose WeightEvery person have different motive to start a diet. First you will have to find out the reasons why you wish to lose weight . This will help you stay committed and motivated to reach your weight loss goals.Your reasons could include preventing diabetes, keeping up with grandchildren, looking your best for an event, improving your self-confidence , fitting into a certain pair of jeans, for marriage purpose and many more.Many people start losing weight because their doctor suggested it, but research shows that people are more successful if their weight loss motivation comes from within motivate yourself to lose weight.
2. Have Realistic ExpectationsMany diets and diet products claim quick and easy weight loss. However, most practitioners recommend only losing 0.5–1 kg per week.Setting unattainable goals can lead to feelings of frustration and cause you to give up. On the contrary, setting and accomplishing achievable goals leads to feelings of accomplishment.A study using data from several weight loss centers found that women who expected to lose the most weight were the most likely to drop out of the program . More expectations can lead you to disappointment, set an goal which you can be achieved.
3. Pick a Plan That Fits Your Daily RoutineFind a weight loss plan that you can stick to, and avoid plans that would be nearly impossible to follow in the long term.While there are hundreds of different diets, most are based on cutting calories .Therefore, avoid strict diets that completely eliminate certain foods. Research has found that those with an “all or nothing” mindset are less likely to lose weight . Instead, consider creating your own custom plan. The following dietary habits have been proven to help you lose weight.
- Decreasing calorie intake
- Reducing portion sizes
- Reducing frequency of snacks
- Reducing fried food and desserts
- Including fruits and vegetable
4. Find Social SupportPeople need regular support and positive feedback to stay motivated .Motivation is the one which keeps people stick to there target. Once the motivation is lost your will to do it will also shatter down.Tell your close family and friends about your weight loss goals so they can help support you on your journey.Many people also find it helpful to find a weight loss buddy. You can work out together, hold each other accountable and encourage each other throughout the process.Additionally, it can be helpful to involve your partner, but make sure to get support from other people too, such as your friends.
5. Make a CommitmentResearch shows that those who make a public commitment are more likely to follow through with their goals.Make a commitment to your loved ones. It will help to boost your self confidence and you will acquire your goal.Telling others about your weight loss goals will help you stay accountable. The more people you share your goals with, the greater the accountability.
6. Plan for Challenges and SetbacksEveryday stressors will always pop up. Day to day challenges will also come into your life to distract you from your goal .There will always be holidays, birthdays or parties to attend. And there will always be stressors at work or with family.It’s important to start problem solving and brainstorming about these possible weight loss challenges and setbacks. This will keep you from getting off track and losing motivation .Many people turn to food for comfort. This can quickly lead to them abandoning their weight loss goals. Creating appropriate coping skills will prevent this from happening to you. Remember to also plan for holidays, social events and eating out. You can research restaurant menus in advance and find a healthy option. At parties, you can bring a healthy dish or eat smaller portions. You can not stop you each and every day, someday can be your cheat day .The more you hold yourself the more you will lead to do it.
7. Don’t Aim for Perfection and Forgive YourselfYou do not have to be perfect to lose weight.If you have an “all or nothing” approach, you’re less likely to achieve your goals .When you are too restrictive, you may find yourself saying “I had a burger and fries for lunch, so I might as well have pizza for dinner.” Instead, try to say, “I had a big lunch, so I should aim for a healthier dinner”.Instead, forgive yourself. Remember that one mistake is not going to ruin your progress.When you aim for perfection, you will quickly lose your motivation. By allowing yourself flexibility and forgiving yourself, you can stay motivated throughout your weight loss journey.
CONCLUSIONBeing motivated to lose weight is important for long-term weight loss success.People find different factors motivating, so it’s important to find out what helps motivate you, specifically.Remember to give yourself flexibility and celebrate the little successes along your weight loss journey. And don’t be afraid to ask for help when needed.With the proper tools and support, you can find and stay motivated to reach your weight loss goals.
To see some tips click the link below:https://youtu.be/jqOK2hsCKRM: